A Confession to Make
I was thinking recently about the many Clients we have assisted with the development of what I call a “Financial Plan” to take their business to higher levels of profitability and success. I have literally been doing this for 21 years at this point, and this may come as a shock to you, but in most cases these Clients didn’t want a “Financial Plan.” Let’s consider some of the reasons for this.
First, when you aren’t hitting your business objectives, e.g. you are losing a lot of money for several years running, this can represent a scary process. Who knows what we might reveal? This process can be really taxing. Not only that, but it also requires regular monthly monitoring and might even require us to change some management items or update our business plan. This process can be difficult, but it can also be quite rewarding.
While it may be true that most people don’t want a “Financial Plan,” in and of itself, it is even more true that what they do want is what a sound Financial Plan can offer:
- A sound, well thought out strategy for their business.
- Sound business objectives to pursue and an outline of the steps necessary to reach them.
- Some reasonably thought out deadlines, because objectives without a deadline are nothing more than a dream.
- Positive financial results on a regular basis.
- And, if that isn’t enough, how about freedom from worry, stress & the wrath of disappointed lenders?
- Most significantly, you’ll have the freedom to grow & succeed more fully!
To me, while I understand that someone might not actually want a “Financial Plan,” the six items listed above should provide anyone with enough incentive to pursue one right away. If I can assist you with yours, please feel free to contact me for a “no obligation” discussion. I look forward to being of service to you!
I hope you’ve found this helpful. If you would like to learn more about similar topics and the tactics our Clients have used to improve their outcomes, please apply to join us for our Success Strategies Mastermind Groups. Our next series of Quarterly workshops will begin in July 2019 and are designed to teach more people the Finance & Strategy Concepts that I offer business people. Check them out at:
If you have any questions, please e-mail me at email@example.com. I’m always open for a follow-up call and, as always, wish you the best of success!