During the past six months, I have noticed a new trend in the way people try to overcome the challenges they are facing in their businesses. They cancel previously scheduled meetings with their Nutritionist, CPA, Attorney or other Advisors. I think it can best be described as “ignoring the problem, hoping it will go away.” If you ever observe this scenario with a neighbor or your brother-in-law (assuming it never happens at your operation), here are a couple suggestions about how to overcome it.
Suggestion #1 – The challenges you face are not likely to go away if you ignore them. In fact, they could compound and become even more challenging.
Suggestion #2 – Cancelling one of these sessions, especially at the last minute, can throw your professional’s schedule off. My biggest concern is that if you urgently need them later, will they be in a position to step in, particularly on short notice? Will they even be motivated to do so?
As I suggested in my last blog, let’s focus instead on the Solutions, not just the problems. Along that same line, we should always remain open to meet, to learn, to develop new objectives and adjust our course as needed, because no one is immune to items changing.
This is all part of what I call “Working on the Business, Not Just in the Business!” It will lead us to complete the following tasks:
- Answer the question of “What will your business look like in 10 years?”
- Will you personally be fulfilling the same role or doing different tasks?
- Who will your competitors be in the future? Sound silly? Consider the impact that products such as Almond Milk or Oat Milk may be having on dairy supplies. Will it become even greater in its future impact?
- What obstacles do you see in the short term or over longer time periods? What’s the impact of higher inflation, rising interest rates, or increased industry regulations?
- Keeping these factors in mind, have you begun developing a roadmap for overcoming these hurdles?
- Are you pursuing your objectives or those of your banker, your industry or someone else? These are all key points to consider.
Can I assist you with this same process? If so, be on the watch for some upcoming Next Level Thinking™ workshops.
Let’s take your business to the Next Level!